Volume 21, Issue 82 (May 2011)                   J Mazandaran Univ Med Sci 2011, 21(82): 84-88 | Back to browse issues page

XML Persian Abstract Print


Download citation:
BibTeX | RIS | EndNote | Medlars | ProCite | Reference Manager | RefWorks
Send citation to:

Yazdanpanah A, Ghasemi A, Siamian H, Javadian M. The Study of the Attributional Style of the Students Studying in Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences in 2008-2009. J Mazandaran Univ Med Sci 2011; 21 (82) :84-88
URL: http://jmums.mazums.ac.ir/article-1-826-en.html
Abstract:   (14662 Views)
Background and purpose: Ïdentifying the students’ attributional style and helping them to be responsible and have a proper view is of critical importance which can lead them to achieve greater success and creativity. Çonsidering its significant role in being an active or a passive, and demotivated person, the present study was conducted in order to determine the attributional style of the students studying in Mazandaran Üniversity of Medical Sciences.
Materials and methods: This is a descriptive study conducted in Mazandaran Üniversity of Medical Sciences in 2008-2009 with the population of 2582 students on 343 male and 428 female randomly selected students. The data were collected using the Âttributional Style Questionnaire. This is a descriptive study conducted in Mazandaran Üniversity of Medical Sciences in 2008-2009 on 343 male and 428 female randomly selected students among a population of 2582 students.
Results: The obtained data showed that 43.9% of the participants had internal, while 56.1% of them demonstrated external attributional style. Âmong the female participants, 42.3% used internal and the rest (57.7%) employed external attributional style, similarly, 45.8% of the male participants preferred internal and 54.2% of them tend to use external attributional style.
Çonclusion: Âccording to the results, the dominant attributional style of the participants is the external style which has a negative impact on their motivation, effort, and academic achievement which then, may negatively influence their success. Thus, it seems necessary to train them the coping strategies in order to reduce their external attributional style.
Full-Text [PDF 230 kb]   (3557 Downloads)    
Type of Study: Research(Original) |

Add your comments about this article : Your username or Email:
CAPTCHA

Rights and permissions
Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.

© 2022 CC BY-NC 4.0 | Journal of Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences

Designed & Developed by : Yektaweb